Laboratory Technician: Portugal
The Rector of the Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Prof. Dr. Isabel Capeloa Gil, hereby announces an international selection tender for one vacancy of Laboratory Technician to develop bioinformatics and molecular biology analyses of soil, water and plant samples, within the framework of the project “DSWAP – Decision support-based approach for sustainable water reuse application in agricultural production”. This activity will be carried out at CBQF – Centro de Biotecnologia e Química Fina, integrated at Escola Superior de Biotecnologia of the Universidade Católica Portuguesa, in Porto, within the above-mentioned project, financed under the terms of the call for PRIMA proposals as part of the Horizon 2020 – the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (2014-2020) and the Grant Agreement (GA 1822).
Any national, foreign, and stateless candidates who hold a master degree in Biological Sciences or related scientific fields, and a scientific and professional curriculum whose profile is suited for the activities to be performed, can submit an application. In the event the master degree was awarded by a foreign higher education institution, said degree must comply with the provisions of Portuguese law on the recognition of foreign degrees. For those purposes, the requirements described in point no. 9 of this notice must be considered.
Regarding the specific terms, candidates must have the following characteristics:
- Experience in bioinformatics and metagenome analyses.
- Experience in molecular biology, specifically quantitative PCR.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Strong organizational skills, leadership and initiative skills, as well as time management skills.
- Accuracy driven and with a sense of responsibility.
- Strong work, autonomy, and responsibility skills.
- Proficiency of written and spoken English