Medical Laboratory Scientist in Microbiology: New Zealand
Embark your journey to the beautiful ‘winterless north’ of New Zealand. Here is a perfect overseas experience opportunity that you were looking for. Immerse your self in the Northland’s rich culture & history. The region boasts a stunning natural environment that stretches from south-east of Mangawhai across to the Kaipara Harbour and all the way up to New Zealand’s northernmost tip, Cape Rēinga. Gain new skills, expand your contacts, broaden your worldview and make new friends, all while gaining valuable professional experience!
As the northernmost and warmest of New Zealand’s 16 regions, Northland is known as the ‘winterless North’. The low elevation and close proximity to the sea result in a mild, subtropical and rather windy climate. Our region is a combination of natural taonga such as golden beaches, secluded coves, breathtaking seascapes, ancient forests, and a rich tapestry of flora and fauna.
Click here to know more about the region.
Working with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is about more than just a job. It’s about enjoying coming to work every day, feeling challenged, trusted and supported, whilst enjoying living in a region that has a lifestyle unrivalled in New Zealand.
Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and holds stewardship for equitable health outcomes for Māori as Tāngata Whenua as the highest priority.
At Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau, you’ll soon see the passion and pride Northlanders feel in their home. We’re not just talking about living in one of New Zealand’s most beautiful – and affordable – locations, but being a part of delivering healthcare that is unique to our region.
You can make an impact on your community and on your own professional development – all whilst enjoying a flexible and healthy work-life balance.
About the role:
Achieving the best health outcomes for our patients starts with expecting the best from ourselves, and right now Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau is looking for an exceptional person to join our self-motivated Laboratory team and support the Pathology Service.
In 2024 the department will move to a newly constructed purpose-built laboratory, still within the hospital grounds. This will see an expansion in laboratory size and the introduction of a fully designated molecular suite area. The department is expanding and modernising to meet the demands of a rapidly increasing population.
The primary function of this position is to:
- Provide a quality & safe pathology service that ensures timely, accurate results to pathology laboratory users.
- To Participate in the receipt, documentation, registration, processing and reporting of all specimens, including those referred to other laboratories, as required by authorized policies and protocols
- To perform other technical and operational duties normally expected of a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS such as those involving quality and safety or the efficient and effective operations of the laboratory service).
This position is a permanent full-time 1.0 FTE role working 40 hours per week in Whangarei – Northland, New Zealand.
Key requirements to be successful:
- New Zealand Registered and licenced Medical Laboratory Scientist
- Experience in laboratory information systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible in work practice & rosters
- A comprehensive international relocation allowance
- Plenty of professional development opportunities
- A Friendly and supportive team environment
- An interesting and wide variety of work to keep you engaged and motivated
- We are an immigration accredited employer
A career with Te Whatu Ora Te Tai Tokerau will see you action meaningful change in the region we love, and in your professional development – all whilst enjoying everything the stunning North has to offer. You really can enjoy the best of both.
Our people live our Values:
Tangata I te tuatahi People First – People are central to all we do
Whakaute (tuku mana) Respect – We treat others as they would like to be treated
Manaaki Caring – We nurture those around us, and treat all with dignity and compassion
Whakawhitiwhiti korero Communication – We communicate safely, openly and with respect to promote clear understanding
Taumata teitei (hirangi) Excellence – Our attitude of excellence inspires success, competence, confidence and innovation
Vacancy No: AH23-122
Closes: 12 July 2023