Microbiology Laboratory Technician: UK
Phillips is looking to hire a Microbiology Laboratory Technician. In this role, you have the opportunity to:
- Provide a creative input into the company’s technology, innovation and research.
- To assist in the development of the Company as a recognised leader of high quality innovative drug delivery technology and customer service.
You are responsible for:
- Performing general microbiological studies in a Biological Safety Level category II laboratory, e.g. medical device cleaning & disinfection method validation (bioburden, bacterial reduction determination) & bacterial recontamination risk.
- Perform general aerosol testing studies.
- Develop and validate assays/methods.
- Provide specialist knowledge and support to other team members.
- Assist other research and development staff in the development of new intellectual property.
- Meet all approved time targets.
- Responsible for designated equipment to ensure that it is maintained in working condition.
- Record and report all experimental data and methods as per laboratory SOPs.
- Generate laboratory SOP’s as required.
- Keep training records and TEDs up to date. Support junior staff with aligning with quality guidelines and systems.
- Ensure compliance with the Company quality guidelines, procedures and processes.
- Motivate junior colleagues to respond positively and flexibly to the changing demands of a rapidly growing organisation.
You are a part of the Philips Respironics Respiratory Drug Delivery team reporting to the Aerosol Sciences Manager based at Chichester.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience :
- Minimum 2:1 Degree in Biological/Microbiological related discipline
- Broad knowledge of microbiological methods, and related industry standards & guidances
- High standard of laboratory work and reporting
- Able to work efficiently and with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in generating, handling and analysing data
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of GLP and other quality systems requirements
- Ability to think and operate with initiative and troubleshoot when necessary
- Flexible and quick to learn
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)