The position of Microbiology Research Engineer leads research and conducts experiments related to microalgae engineering in the frame of a collaboration with CEA Grenoble. He/she is a hosted employee at the CEA/PCV lab and at least 80% of his/her time is dedicated to this program. This position is a very good opportunity to work in industrial biotechnology research and to join both a large industrial company and an academic setting.
- Metabolic engineering of microalgae, with the aim of increasing productivity of specific molecules.
- Identifying of potential genetic targets via bioinformatics tools, and designing genetic constructions and their transformation into microalgae.
- Genetic screening (PCR, qPCR and reporter assays) and phenotypic assay coupling cell cultivation in standardized conditions.
- Analyzing samples using MS.
Development of know-how and skills
- Engaging in active technical watch.
- Cooperating with the engineering team in developing new ideas and new cutting-edge industrial projects.
Representing Total in specialized networks
- Within the CEA and different Total entities involved in the topic.
- At international scientific and technical in the microalgae field.