Microbiome Bioinformatics Postdoctoral Scientist: USA
This Metcalf lab at Colorado State University is seeking a microbiome bioinformatics postdoctoral scientist.
The microbiome bioinformatics postdoctoral position will analyze multi-omics data sets, including but not limited to: amplicon sequencing data, shotgun metagenomics data, and metabolomics data. The position will be responsible for leading analyses for a National Institute of Justice funded project (developing a microbial clock for estimating the postmortem interval) in addition to several, small pilot projects. The postdoc will be expected to contribute to project management, as well as communicate findings at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
Required Job Qualifications
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, ecology, microbiology or similar field.
- Proficient in coding languages (Python preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge in microbiome science.
- Demonstrated success in publishing in the microbiome and/or bioinformatics fields.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Proficient in R software.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Experience in leading projects through to publication.
- Diversity Statement
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- The postdoctoral scientist will be responsible for project management of a National Institute of Justice funded project as well as small pilot projects.
- This will require the postdoctoral scientist to lead project meetings, plan manuscripts, guide graduate students with analysis and manuscript plans, and communicate project timelines and results to collaborators.These tasks will be essential for the successful completion of projects.
- The postdoctoral scientist will be responsible for leading analyses for a National Institute of Justice funded project as well as small pilot projects.
- The postdoctoral scientist will analyze 16S rRNA and 18S rRNA amplicon data and shotgun metagenomics data, and assist on analyses of metabolomics data.
- The postdoctoral scientist will interpret and synthesize results by collaboratively writing manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
For inquiries about the position, contact The.Metcalf.Lab@gmail.com. For additional information about Colorado State University, consult the university’s website at www.colostate.edu. For additional information about the Metcalf Lab, please consult www.jessicaLmetcalf.com.