Multiple academic positions in Microbiology: UK
The Division of Molecular Microbiology within the School of Life Sciences at the University of Dundee, UK is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for at least three new members of staff to join them and expand their world-class microbiology research and education programmes.
They are looking to appoint to any position on the University salary scale the following potential positions:
- Principal Investigator
- Senior Lecturer
A strong recruitment package will be made available to candidates at all levels of appointment. We are especially interested in applications from candidates with research programmes focused in exciting areas of fundamental or translational molecular bacteriology.
- Have a PhD in molecular microbiology or another relevant discipline.
- Run (or plan to establish) a vibrant, externally-funded and internationally-regarded research programme at a level commensurate with career stage. The research topic should complement and enhance our current research expertise.
- Be willing and able to contribute to the supervision, mentoring and training of postgraduate students.
- Be willing and able to contribute to the design and delivery of microbiology teaching at a level appropriate for career stage; for example, by delivery of lectures and/or tutorials on subject-specific topics and supervision of project students at Honours and Master of Science levels.
- Be willing and able to perform limited administrative academic duties as agreed with the Head of the Division and/or the Dean of the School of Life Sciences.