PDEng Trainee Designer in Bioprocess Engineering: Netherlands
In the Designer in Bioprocess Engineering programme, you develop yourself into a visionary team-player with a state-of-the-art background in biosciences and chemical engineering, prepared for innovative bioprocess design. You gain business knowledge, e.g., economical evaluation and project management, to evaluate the implementation of developed processes in an industrial environment. Throughout the programme, you are trained to develop and apply an independent attitude, a critical approach, creativity and a focus on innovative application in the interdisciplinary field of Biochemical Engineering. The biotech industries in the Netherlands and abroad value graduated Designers in Bioprocess Engineering and offer them a range of careers in all facets of bioprocess development.
In the first year, PDEng-trainees take mandatory courses and a personal selection from advanced courses in fermentation technology, microbiology, downstream processing, environmental biotechnology, or biocatalysis, along with economic evaluation and project management courses. A group design project will be carried out. The second year consists of an individual design project carried out in, or in close collaboration with, industry.
- applicants should have a Master degree in (Bio) Chemical Engineering, Food or Environmental Technology, Biotechnology, or a related discipline
- candidates need to be interested in pursuing a career in industry
- we are especially looking for trainees with an open, creative mind and a critical attitude: trainees with ambition in innovative design
- a good command of the English language (written and spoken) is essential, and a good command of the Dutch language is desired
- trainees will be recruited from the top 10% of the student population
Conditions of employement:
For more information about this position, please contact Yvonne van Gameren, phone: +31 (0)15-2789857, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enter the online application procedure, please follow the link at www.pdeng.tudelft.nl/bpe. You are requested to submit in English, preferably in one PDF file:
• letter of application in which you explain your interest in the traineeship in Bioprocess Engineering and in design in general (maximum 600 words)
• Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages A4)
• Master’s and Bachelor’s transcripts including grades obtained (plus a scale that indicates the maximum, minimum and passing grades)
• copies of Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees
• a copy of your passport
• two reference letters from supervisors of recent (scientific) projects or work
When applying for this position, please indicate your preferred start date (coming February or coming September).