PhD position in microbial bioelectrochemical synthesis: Poland
The Laboratory of Microbial Electrochemical Systems at the Wroclaw University of Science and Technology is seeking for a creative and motivated candidate to fill the PhD student position within the microbial bioelectrosynthesis project. The project will focus on employing emerging microbial fuel cell technology for the synthesis of valuable bioproducts.
Microbial fuel cell is a device which converts organic waste into electricity with the use of bacteria. In the project the student will optimise production of electricity and bioproducts and optimise the process using simple and complex compounds as a fuel. The student will join the group of Dr. inż. Grzegorz Pasternak, who is an expert in microbial fuel cell systems and applied environmental microbiology.
What we offer:
The successful candidate will be offered with a 3-years contract and attractive salary on full time-basis (4000-5400 PLN gross salary – approximately 1250 EUR, depending on experience). He/she will work independently and with colleagues in Polish and international environment. The contract will start in April 2019. The project and PhD position are sponsored by Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange.
• the candidate should possess master’s degree or gain it not later than 6 months after starting the contract
• very good knowledge of English, spoken and written
• skills in engineering
• skills in basic analytical methods
• fluency in using computer tools
• Additional knowledge on microbiology and fluid mechanics and will be a value, similarly as the previous documented involvement in research projects
Documents required in the first stage of recruitment:
• CV including achievements and previous involvement in the research projects
• motivation letter
• Signed personal data processing document (link)
After the first stage selected candidates will be contacted and additional documents may be required.
The documents and questions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 14/03/2019. Interviews: 18-22/03/2019. Contract: 1/04/2019.
Data processing file may be downloaded at: http://ofertypracy.pwr.wroc.pl/SitePages/szczegoly2.aspx?jobid=2259
This offer is also available at: https://www.euraxess.pl/jobs/379696