PhD Positions in The Doctoral School in Microbiology and Environmental Sciences: Vienna, Austria
The Doctoral School in Microbiology and Environmental Sciences of the University of Vienna offers 15 fully funded PhD positions in diverse research areas ranging from molecular microbiology, ecology, computational and evolutionary biology to environmental geosciences. Our focus is to provide young scientist with a stimulating environment that promotes the development and advancement of essential skills for a prosperous academic career.
Would you like to:
- Join a dynamic and international research environment?
- Have access to unique high-level infrastructure and instrumentation?
- Receive interdisciplinary training at the interface of microbiology, ecology, and environmental geosciences from internationally well recognized scientists?
- Benefit from career coaching and early international networking?
- Live in Vienna, a city that is continuously ranked among the top cities in the world for quality of life?
Regardless whether you are interested to study molecular and biochemical mechanisms, single cells, microbial communities or ecosystems and biochemical processes, our faculty provides the ideal framework for your PhD project with the combined expertise of 18 researchers at the assistant, associate and full professor level.
The following faculty members offer PhD positions during the current call:
- Daims, Holger
- Görke, Boris
- Hofmann, Thilo
- Kaiser, Christina
- Kraemer, Stephan
- Loy, Alexander
- Moll, Isabella
- Pjevac, Petra
- Rattei, Thomas
- Richter, Andreas
- Tett, Adrian
- Wanek, Wolfgang
We are looking forward to receiving convincing applications of dedicated and enthusiastic students! All students with a master’s degree, or equivalent degree, in life sciences, environmental science, chemistry, geoscience, bioinformatics or any other area, which is related to the research topics of our faculty members, ere encouraged to apply. We offer internationally competitive salaries and full health benefits.
Before you fill the online application form, please convert these documents into one single PDF file (no rar, doc etc.):
- Curriculum vitae
- A personal motivation letter, ca. 1 page A4 (in English)
- List of publications in scientific journals, poster contributions, conference talks
- All study records (English or German, translation is required)
- If available: TOEFL iBL and GRE score reports
Your online application will be evaluated in a first round by scholary and scientific criteria. Selected applications will be invited for online interviews, which will also include a match-making step in which you meet faculty members that offer projects in the areas of your scientific interests. At this stage, the faculty members will introduce you to the potential project topics in their groups.
For any further questions about the application procedure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for this call is September 30, 2020. Apply now!