Post Doc Research Scholar, USA
Essential Job Duties
This Postdoctoral Research Scholar position will work in the lab of Dr. Benjamin Reading, in collaboration with Dr. Rob Dunn. The research will consider the microbiology associated with fish eggs and skin, both in the context of the ecology and evolution of fish eggs in the wild and as it relates to management; the role of wasps and ants in traditional vineyards; the biology of plants; the potential value of microbes in camel crickets to industrial waste remediation; and the biology of foods such as sourdough bread. In general, this position will use insights from basic ecology and evolution to make new discoveries but also to achieve applied goals. This position will interact with a diverse group of researchers and students; thus, benefit from new and established intra- and inter-institution collaborations.
Department Required Skills:
- PhD in Ecology, Evolution, Biology, Microbiology, or related fields.
- Possess a background in culturing microbes and the study of microbial natural history.
- Documented evidence of strong scholarship, including peer-reviewed publications, particularly in high ranked journals.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Experience in sequence-based approaches to the study of microbial life.
- Expertise in ecology and evolution and in addressing questions in a clear hypothesis-testing framework.
- Demonstrated evidence of the ability to finish projects.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at “www.wes.org”:http//wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.