Post Doctoral Fellowship in Microbiology/Proteomics: Canada
The Lewis laboratory at the Department of Biological Sciences in the Faculty of Science at the University of Calgary is accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Scholar in Microbiology / Proteomics.
Dr. Lewis team employs state-of-the-art mass spectrometry to investigate the metabolic dynamics of opportunistic pathogens, including Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus, and is working to develop new approaches to detect and control human infections.
Job Description :
- The Lewis laboratory is looking for a postdoctoral scholar to spearhead a precision medicine project related to microbial proteomics.
- This position will be part of an interdisciplinary team working to integrate genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and clincal data to help develop a new approach to infection management.
- Candidates with a PhD in clinical microbiology, proteomics, analytical chemistry or related fields are encouraged to apply.
- Direct expertise in both microbiology and proteomics methods is mandatory. Research experience in genomics and mass spectrometry is desirable.
- Knowledge of sample preparation techniques for analysis of metabolites from biological fluids (e.g. plasma, serum, blood, urine) would be an asset.
- Successful applicants will have excellent English language skills as demonstrated by a strong publication and presentation record as well as experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
Application details :
Please send your application (one PDF document) containing a cover letter that includes a statement of previous research and interest in the position, a CV, and a list of three references to : Dr. Ian Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org)