Post Doctoral Fellowship, Molecular and Cellular Microbiology, Virology, Biochemistry, University of Calgary, Canada
- An outstanding postdoctoral scholar to deliver an interdisciplinary research and develop their leadership potential in one of the following directions
- studying the molecular mechanism underlying the persistence and transmission of zoonotic pathogens in the food supply chain;
- precision food safety using “omics technologies”;
- developing innovative technologies for the biocontrol and detection of zoonotic hazards; 4) understanding interaction between bacteriophages, bacteria and their mammalian host.
- The successful candidate is encouraged to integrate multiple disciplines and create own ideas in solving the scientific puzzles.
The specific job duties include:
- Involve in project management and development;
- Assist laboratory set-up and maintenance (e.g. bacteria/phage library updating);
- Develop experimental protocols/methods/new techniques;
- Initiate and assist technically in the running and overseeing of specific research projects including grant writing and collaborations;
- Collecting and analyzing data using computer-modeling techniques for publications;
- Dissemination of results through peer-reviewed publications, project reports and conference presentations;
- Supervise and train laboratory technicians/undergraduate and graduate students.
- Applicants must possess a PhD degree or equivalent degree in a relevant subject (e.g., microbiology, molecular biology, structural biology, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, immunology, food safety, veterinary medicine, and biostatistics).
- A combination of the following laboratory skills would be beneficial: experience in microbiology, microscopy, molecular biology (DNA, RNA, and Protein), genomics, tissue culture, cell biology or animal models.
- A candidate with excellent track record and motivation to identify and solve scientific problems with creative approaches will be preferred.
- The successful candidate will be required to work within a team environment, so excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of interdisciplinary researchers is a must.
- Ability to initiate and develop original scientific research projects.
Duration: One Year (with the potential for extension based on a performance review after the first year)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Interested candidates should send a single-page cover letter, a curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, statement of research interest and career goals, as well as a list of three references contacts to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for more information and invited to interview. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.