Postdoc on Bacterial Cell Wall Dynamics: Sweden
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher in Molecular Biology to join the Cava lab at the Department of Molecular Biology at Umeå University, Sweden. The postdoc will be supervised by Dr Felipe Cava. The opening is temporary with a competitive salary for two years (can be extended) and available immediately or as agreed.
About the university, department and lab
Umeå University is dedicated to providing creative environments for learning and work. More than 4,400 employees and 34,000 students have already chosen Umeå University. We welcome your application!
The Department of Molecular Biology has about 200 employees. The department’s main tasks involve research, graduate education, and undergraduate education as well as interactions with the community.
The Cava lab at the Laboratory of Molecular Infection Medicine Sweden (MIMS) and the Department of Molecular Biology (Umeå University) is a multidisciplinary and stimulating research space that investigates bacterial cell wall biology and genetics at the interphase between basic and clinical research. Our goal is to improve the inventory of players in cell wall biogenesis, remodeling and regulation, characterize the function and interplay of known components, and evolve our work into quantitative studies and computational modeling. Our research program has an extraordinary potential as novel targets for the development of antimicrobials.
- Candidate must hold a University degree in Molecular Biology or Microbiology equivalent to a European University PhD at the time of recruitment.
- You should be highly motivated, have very good communication skills and the ability to interact in a team.
- You must have a good working knowledge of standard molecular biology, microbiology and biochemistry techniques.
- It will be particularly qualifying for the successful candidate to have demonstrated expertise in high-throughput genetics (Tn-seq) methods.
- You need to be skilled in both oral and written communication in English.
A complete application should be sent in English to Felipe Cava (email@example.com) including: (i) a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and motives for applying, (ii) a curriculum vitae, and (iii) the names and contacts of three references. Application submitted electronically (MS Word or PDF).
The position is available immediately, and there is no deadline for applications, thus we advice to apply as soon as possible if you are interested!