Postdoc in bacterial infections and immunity: Netherlands
The ‘Bacterial Infections and Immunity’ team at the University Medical Center Utrecht is seeking a highly motivated Post-doctoral fellow (2 years) with interest in understanding human immune responses against bacterial infections.
- You have experience with research in the field of immunology, advanced experience with flow cytometry and FACS sorting and experience in purification and handling immune cells and experience with B cell cloning.
- You have also experience in carrying out internationally competitive research, as demonstrated by a scientific publication track record in highly regarded international journals, experience in successfully conceiving, designing and developing new experiments, experience in multi-disciplinary working, experience with analysing and interpreting experimental data and experience with cell culture.
- It is desirable you have experience with fluorescence microscopy, handling live bacteria, protein purification and labelling, obtain Ethical approvals and with recombinant DNA techniques and protein expression.
- You should have demonstrated ability for creative and original research of the highest impact, ability to multi-task and organise own work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines, ability to maintain a clear and up-to-date lab notebook and deliver written reports to the supervisory team and to collaborators and ability to communicate results effectively at meetings and conferences.
- You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write clearly and succinctly to a level consistent with publication in highly regarded international journals.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Mrs.Yvonne Hagenaar, management assistant Management Assistant Management Assistant Management Assistant via phone +31 (0)88 75 504 86 or email Y.Hagenaarfirstname.lastname@example.org.