Postdoc in Medical Microbiology and Virology: Germany
The School VI of Medicine and Health Sciences comprises the fields of human medicine, medical physics and acoustics, neurosciences, psychology, and health services research. Together with the four regional hospitals, School VI forms the University Medicine Oldenburg. Furthermore, the university cooperates closely with the University Medicine of the University of Groningen.
In the division of Medical Microbiology and Virology of the Department of Human Medicine there is a vacancy for a Postdoctoral fellow (m/f/d) (Salary according to TV-L 13, 100 %) as soon as possible for a limited period of 3 years. There is the possibility of personal scientific qualification (post-doctoral thesis). The position is suitable for part-time work.
In the research laboratory (location: Philosophenweg) of the Institute of Medical Microbiology and Virology (Director: Prof. Dr. Axel Hamprecht), Medical Campus of the University of Oldenburg, we are engaged in clinically-oriented and fundamental microbiological research with a focus on antibiotic resistance, resistance mechanisms and multidrug-resistant pathogens in human and veterinary medicine and the environment.
- The scientific activity includes the supervision of research projects from conception, acquisition of third-party funding to the publication of results.
- You will actively participate in the development and organization of the research laboratory.
- Active participation in the planning and implementation of teaching.
- Completed university studies in biology, biochemistry, human biology, human or veterinary medicine and a related field with completion of a PhD, MD or equivalent.
- Expertise in microbiological and biomolecular methods.
- Experience in documentation of research results, data management and analysis.
- Ability to prepare, present and publish scientific data.
- Excellent communication skills in English, basic knowledge of German (B1-level).
- High level of commitment, an independent way of working and the ability to work in a team.
Knowledge of bioinformatic methods and whole genome sequencing (WGS).
- A friendly environment with opportunities to develop your own research focus and projects.
- Active participation in the development of our research unit.
- Payment in accordance with collective bargaining law (special annual payment, company pension scheme, asset-related benefits) incl. 30 days annual leave.
- Support and guidance during your onboarding phase and your habilitation project.
- A family-friendly environment with flexible working hours (flextime) and the possibility of partial mobile work
- Benefits of the company’s health promotion
- An extensive and free further education programme as well as programmes directed toward the promotion of early career researchers (https://uol.de/en/school6/early-career).
- The University of Oldenburg aims to increase the proportion of women in the academic field. Therefore, women are strongly encouraged to apply. According to § 21 para. 3 NHG, female applicants shall be given preferential consideration in case of equivalent qualification.
- Applicants with disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal suitability.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Axel Hamprecht, 0441/403 2160.
Please send your application (description of your motivation, curriculum vitae, references) in electronic form (PDF file including the usual documents) until 01.12.2023 to the Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg, Prof. Dr. Axel Hamprecht, email@example.com, Institut für medizinische Mikrobiologie und Virologie, Philosophenweg 36, 26121 Oldenburg.
You don’t know Oldenburg yet? Feel free to gather first impressions at the following link: https://www.moin-in-oldenburg.de.