Postdoc in Microbial Ecology of Forest Soils: Czech Republic
The Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology is looking for a motivated postdoctoral fellow. The person will join the international consortium of the H2020 project “HoliSoils” which explores the effects of forest management on ecosystem processes such as greenhouse gas fluxes, C storage, and biodiversity preservation. The person will be involved in the study of the structural and functional response of the soil microbiome to forest management, disturbances, and global change across Europe and will have the opportunity to collaborate with leading groups in this research field.
We expect that the applicant has the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in the field of microbiology, mycology, ecology, botany, forestry or similar.
- First-authored papers in leading interdisciplinary journals or high-ranking IF journals in the fields of ecology, microbiology, soil science or forest research
- Excellence in English and good communication skills
- Motivation for scientific work within the frames of the project
- Previous involvement in projects focusing forests or soils is an advantage
- During the appointment, the person will be based in the Czech Republic
- Work in an inspiring and friendly environment of an international team of the Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology of the Institute of Microbiology in Prague, in the Czech Republic (see e.g. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Petr_Baldrian) and access to interesting experiments / datasets produced by the lab and their collaborators
- Gross salary: approximately 2400 EUR / month (paid in CZK) full time job.
- 30 days paid holiday per year
- Employee benefits (discount on meals, sport/leisure activities, language courses etc.)
The position is offered for an initial period of one year but may be extended. The position is open until filled, the starting date is negotiable (expected before March 31, 2024).
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contacts to at least two independent professionals (such as PhD or postdoc supervisors) who can provide reference.
For more information, please contact Petr Baldrian (email@example.com).