Postdoc in Microbial Macroecology and Biogeography: Czech Republic
Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology is looking for a motivated postdoctoral fellow. The person will join the consortium of the Excellence Research Centre Project “INTER-MICRO” which aims to identify the response of microbes and microbial communities on global changes and how these changes will subsequently affect ecosystem processes. Within the project, the person will be involved in studying the structure and function of plant-associated or soil microbiomes using global databases of microbial taxa (e.g., GlobalFungi or GlobalAMFungi databases) as well as newly collected samples from various environments.
- PhD degree in the field of microbiology, mycology, ecology, biogeography or similar.
- First-authored papers in leading interdisciplinary journals or high-ranking IF journals in the fields of ecology, microbiology or soil science research
- Excellence in English and good communication skills
- Motivation for scientific work within the frames of the project
- During the appointment, the person will be based in the Czech Republic
- Work in an inspiring and friendly environment of an international team of the Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology of the Institute of Microbiology in Prague, in the Czech Republic (for more information about the project Principal Investigator, see e.g., https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Petr-Kohout-2) and access to interesting experiments / datasets produced by the lab and their collaborators
- Gross salary: approximately 2400 EUR / month (paid in CZK) full-time job.
- 30 days paid holiday per year
- Employee benefits (discount on meals, sport/leisure activities, language courses etc.)
The position is offered for an initial period of one year but may be extended. The position is open until filled, the starting date is negotiable (expected before March 31, 2024).
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter, and contacts to at least two independent professionals (such as PhD or postdoc supervisors) who can provide references.
For more information, please contact Petr Kohout (firstname.lastname@example.org).