Postdoc in Microbiology: Spain
For the conception and development of environmental technologies it is vital tounderstand the microbiological processes and characterize the relations between the microbiome and the operational and technological parameters.
Researcher willing to provide the microbiological vision to the technological groups working on the conception and operation of environmental treatment processes. Therefore, he/she must have proved experience in the development and/or application of different molecular biology tools (FISH, Illumina, qPCR, etc.) as well as in bioinformatics for data treatment and interpretation. It would be advisable expertise in any Omic technique (proteomics, metabolomics, metatranscriptomics).
- Application of Molecular biology techniques (FISH, Illumina, qPCR, etc.) to understand the effect of environmental and/or operational conditions of environmental technologies on microbial community structure and dynamics
- Implementation and application of bioinformatics for the analysis of massive sequencing data and their interpretation
Development of Omic techniques, particularly proteomics and metatranscriptomics
- Training, guidance and monitoring of PhD students in the use of the mentioned techniques
- PhD in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Cellular Biology, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent
- Experience in environmental microbiology
- International postdoctoral research stays, publications and participation in projects
- Good spoken and written English skills