Postdoc in Water Valorization Using Microalgae: Denmark
A 2-year postdoc position is available to develop and optimize wastewater valorization technology with microalgae, starting July 1st 2019 or shortly after. The successful candidate will join an innovative, collaborative, productive, responsible, international, gender-balanced, and multidisciplinary team at DTU Environment. The project aims to develop an innovative benchmark technology for complete valorization of industrial wastewater using microalgae towards production of biofuels and bio-products.
Responsibilities and tasks
The postdoc project position will include laboratory studies for microalgae cultivations and monitoring.
Beside laboratory work, the candidate is also expected to be able to:
- active dissemination of the obtained results, in high-impact scientific articles and through participation in international conferences, is an integral part of the job
- participation in teaching will also be an integrated part of the job
- participation in co-supervision of PhD students will be an integrated part of the job
- participation in writing project proposal
- candidates should have a PhD degree or equivalent
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in process optimization and microbiology. Additional knowledge regarding molecular biology and bioinformatics is appreciated as it helps to reveal the mechanisms of microalgae cultivation processes.Background in any of these subjects would be useful, but more important are enthusiasm for microalgae based technologies, self-motivation, and should thrive in a highly ambitious research group that aims to establish new research fields.Good communication skills in both written and spoken English are expected.