Postdoc in Waterbiotechnology: Netherlands
We are looking for a bright and inspiring Post Doc researcher in the field of water biotechnology and water valorisation of used water and associated resources at the Department of Environmental Technology. Your research will focus on the removal of low concentrations of micropollutants, such as pharmaceuticals and other chemicals that are relevant for the resource cycles of the Biobased Economy. The challenge is to develop new technologies with microbial processes in mixed systems, using a variety of hybrid reactors systems, combining physical/chemical and biological removal technologies. As such, you will play an important role with the Water Reuse group of our department. Our working group “Micropollutants” is an expending field, with a number of PhD students working on this challenging topic. Your role will be to collaborate with two – three PhD students, that work in the field of these hybrid reactor technologies. As a member of the department of Environmental Technology, you are expected to participate in our educational activities and our applications for research grants. The department operates a unique Modular Technology Facility, supported by a well-equipped analytical and biotechnological laboratory. The laboratory is supplied with sewage (non-treated and treated) and separated black, yellow and grey, and agro-industrial water streams. More information can be found on our website.
- as PostDoc you are an ambitious, enthusiastic and creative scientist and a team player, devoted to research and education in the field of water biotechnology. You also have:
- a PhD degree in environmental science and technology, water biotechnology or related fields;
- knowledge and expertise in pollutant and/or biomass conversions, biotechnology and associated microbiological and chemical processes;
- knowledge of- and interest in interdisciplinary physico/chemical and biological research fields;
- a talent to inspire PhD students and other researchers;
- ability in acquisition and proposal writing for getting research funding;
- excellent communication skills;
- didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students.
- a job at an organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As Postdoc Waterbiotechnology you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
- a temporary position with an average working time of 38 hours per week for a period of 24 months. Gross salary from € 2709,-. till € 4274,-. maximum per month – scale 10 based on experience and education level. We not only offer a competitive salary but also good (study) leave and a pension of the ABP Pension Fund.
For more information about this position, please contact Alette Langenhoff, Associate Professor at Environmental Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone number +31 317480254
For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact mw. J van Meurs HR advisor, telephone number +31 317480101.
Interested? You can apply online at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm until 14th January 2019.