Postdoc in Metabolomics: Israel
The Koren Lab at Bar-Ilan University’s Azrieli Faculty of Medicine in Tzfat (Israel), studies interactions between microbiota, disease, and the gut-brain axis. The lab’s two main research focuses are the role the microbiome plays in female health, specifically relating to pregnancy and infancy and the interplay between the microbiome and host behavior. Research involves a blend of in vitro and in vivo methods, and we employ 16S and shotgun sequencing technologies and metabolomics. Bioinformatics and downstream analyses (using the QIIME2 pipeline, R, and GraphPad Prism) are done mostly in-house.
Benefits of joining us
- Freedom to develop and lead projects in line with the lab’s main focuses
- Participate in leading research with top collaborators
- Join a fully equipped, funded lab
- Be a part of a large, dynamic, supportive team – with outings, birthday celebrations, journal club, and more
Metabolomics post doc
We are interested in further incorporating metabolomics studies in our research and are looking for a post-doctoral researcher to lead this endeavor. Specific research directions will be developed together with the postdoctoral researcher. Ideal candidates will have experience analyzing targeted and untargeted metabolomics data and/or metagenomics data.
- To lead metabolomics research in the lab – both in an independent project and as part of collaborative research
- To develop a lab-wide analysis protocol that students can use to analyze their metabolomics data
- Proficiency in R, Linux, python, or another coding language
- Ability to communicate in English
- Familiarity with 16S, metagenomics, and metabolomics analyses
- Knowledge of organic chemistry – beneficial
- Experience operating GC-MS and LC-MS systems – beneficial
For more details, please contact Prof. Omry Koren: email@example.com
There is no specific deadline for this position so we advice to apply asap if you are interested!