Postdoc on Imaging Infection: Germany
The Division of Microbiology at the Biology Department, University Osnabrück, opens a position for a post-doctoral scientist (m/f/d), pay grade E13 TV-L, 100 %, for a fixed term of 3 years, extension is possible. The position is funded by the DFG in priority programme SPP 2225 ‘Exit strategies’ and available at earliest convenience.
- Planning, execution and evaluation of light microscopy and/or ultrastructural analyses of infection experiments
- Investigation of cell exit of pathogens in various infection models of bacterial and eukaryotic pathogens
- Development and application of correlative light and electron microscopy strategies for infection models
- Application of volumetric ultrastructural analyses
- Quantitative image analysis, correlation, 3D reconstruction and segmentation
- Discussion of results and consultation with members of SPP 2225
Requirements for employment:
- Completed scientific university studies in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related fields
- PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related field
- Working experience with current techniques of light and electron microscopy
- Working experience with current methods of micrograph analysis
Ideally you have:
- Working experience in microbiology, biochemistry or cell biology
- Experience in the analysis of bacterial pathogens
- Working experience with modern microscopy techniques
- Very good academic record
- Structured and independent way of working
- Team-oriented working style
- Good English-language communication
We offer you:
- Cooperation in a DFG priority programme with 18 working groups and 2 analysis platforms
- Interdisciplinary cooperation in the CellNanOs research centre
- State-of-the-art instrumental infrastructure in a cooperative working environment of the Imaging Center iBiOs at the University of Osnabrück
Part-time employment is possibility.
As a family-friendly university, the University of Osnabrück is committed to the compatibility of work/study and family.
The University of Osnabrück particularly wants to promote the professional equality of women and men. Therefore, it strives to increase the proportion of the gender that is underrepresented in the respective area.
Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified.
Please send your application with the usual documents and two reference addresses to the Dean of the School of Biology/Chemistry of the University Osnabrück, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, citing reference ‘SPP 2225-2’.
For further information on this vacancy, please contact Prof. Dr. Michael Hensel at +49 541 969 3940, Michael.Hensel@uni-osnabrueck.de
There was no deadline associated with this post so if you are interested please submit your application asap.