Postdoc position in Ecology of Plant-Microbe Interactions: Czech Republic
The Institute of Microbiology of the Czech Academy of Sciences is looking for a motivated postdoctoral fellow to work in the field of ecology of plant-microbe interactions. The postdoc will collaborate on the projects of the Laboratory of
Environmental Microbiology and perform his/her own research. The research focus is the community ecology of microorganisms and their interactions with plants in natural and managed ecosystems.
- PhD degree awarded before 23 August 2017 in the field of ecology, microbiology, plant sciences or similar
- Experience in microbial or plant ecology, biostatistics or bioinformatics, being active for at least two out of three years before 23 August 2017 in an institution outside of the Czech Republic
- Mastery of advanced statistical methods (including general linear models, multivariate analyses, structural equation modeling) and advanced knowledge of the R statistical environment.
- First-authored papers in leading IF journals in the field of microbial ecology, plant ecology, plant-microbe interactions, biostatistics or bioinformatics
- Excellence in English
- Motivation for independent scientific work, and, in the same time, the support of projects of others
We offer the work in an inspiring and friendly environment within an international team of the Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology of the Institute of Microbiology in Prague, Czech Republic with access to interesting experiments/datasets produced by the host institution and their collaborators.
- Gross salary: 3300 USD / month, 30 days paid holiday per year.
- Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contacts to at least two independent professionals who can provide reference.
- The starting date is negotiable, but the position has to start before 30 April 2018.
- The position is offered for two years.
- For more information, please contact Petr Baldrian (email@example.com)