Postdoc Position in Bioinformatics, Metagenomics and the Human Microbiome: Belgium
The lab of Jeroen Raes (VIB, KU Leuven) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher in the computational analysis of microbiome data, with a particular emphasis on human-associated microbial communities in health and disease.
Projects will focus on:
- bioinformatics/statistics method development for joint host and microbiota data analysis, multi-omics and clinical data integration and/or
- their application to large scale datasets generated within the Flemish Gut Flora project cohort (n>5000), in a wide range of disease cohorts as well as in international projects (e.g FP7 MetaCardis, H2020 AD-Gut).
We look for an excellent track record in (meta-)omics data analysis and strong scientific drive. We provide a stimulating and fun environment to pursue your scientific dreams.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, datamining, biostatistics, population and/or statistical genetics, human microbiota, numerical/microbial ecology or equivalent
- good programming skills (perl/python/ruby/java/C++ etc, SQL, R), proficiency in Unix/Linux and cluster experience
- a strong track record in omics data analysis (e.g. (meta)genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, epigenomics, genotyping data) is a plus
- experience in clinical datamining/machine learning, biomarker detection is a plus