PostDoc Position In Cancer Genomics: Switzerland
The research group of Visceral Surgery, under the guidance of Dr. Salvatore Piscuoglio, is based at the Department of Biomedicine, Basel, Switzerland. The main focus of the laboratory is the use of multi-omics approaches to identify and characterize biomarkers, and to understand the important genetic alterations and their interaction that contribute to the development of cancer. Our group is seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral scientist to join our team of bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, pathologists and surgery fellows.
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop, apply and optimize cutting-edge bioinformatics methods, in particular those for massively parallel sequencing, to further our understanding of cancer biology. The candidate will have the flexibility to develop and lead their own projects within the scope of the areas of interest within the laboratory. The candidate will also assist in the supervision of PhD students.
- PhD in genetics, biostatistics, bioinformatics, computational biology or related discipline
- proven experience with next-generation sequencing analysis and genomics
- strong computational and/or statistical skills.
- understanding of cancer biology and experience with cancer genomics would be highly desirable.
- ability to work independently, being a team player and ability to collaborate with researchers from various backgrounds
- good organizational skills; demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in parallel
We offer you
- postdoctoral position for 5 years
- highly competitive salary in line with Swiss National Science Foundation scale
- a supportive and dynamic environment, excellent computational resources and modern equipment supporting you in every aspect of your scientific work. Basel is an international city and represents an important life sciences hub in Europe
- immediate starting date or upon agreement
The working language of our group is English. Knowledge of German is useful but not required.
Application / Contact
Please send your informal enquiries and/or complete application (CV, letter of motivation, contact information of references) to Dr. Salvatore Piscuoglio (firstname.lastname@example.org).