Postdoc in Quantitative Microbiology/Biophysics: Sweden
The position is with the research group of Johan Elf (http://elflab.icm.uu.se) and is part of a KAW funded project that aims to map the physical principles for how proteins search for specific sequences in the genome or transcriptome. We offer a stimulating interdisciplinary research environment and you will work in close collaboration with microbiologists, microfluidics engineers, biophysicists, computer scientists, optical engineers, biochemists and molecular biologists. The project is also an interdisciplinary collaboration of researchers in biology, engineering and physics and you will work closely with several of these groups (http://elflab.icm.uu.se/kaw/agile).
The Elflab is now recruiting a postdoctoral researcher with an interest in quantitative microbiology and the biophysical aspects of life.
You will use and develop new single molecule /single-cell tools that make it possible to connect changes in genomic DNA sequence to changes in intracellular kinetics for thousands of different bacterial strains in parallel. You will construct and phenotype large genetic libraries with respect to complex dynamic intercellular processes. The project aims at understanding the principles for sequence specific target localization in the intracellular environment.
You will need a strong track record from experimental projects, a passion for science and good interpersonal skills are prerequisites for the position. We require that you also have
- A PhD* in relevant subject area, e.g. biophysics or molecular microbiology.
- A Self-motivated personality with interest in fundamental science or methods development.
- An excellent team working skills.
- A documented experience of solving scientific problems.
- An excellent communication skills in English.
The ideal candidate should also have:
- Skills in the fields of microbiology, experimental biophysics and programming.
- Good programming skills.
- Good knowledge in microbiology
- Experience with biophysical methods development.
- Experience with bacterial strain construction
*To be considered for this position you should have earned your PhD degree less than three years before the application deadline. Exceptions can be made for parental leave, military service etc.