Postdoctoral Associate / Postdoctoral Fellow- Mitochondria & Oxidative Stress: Australia
University of Technology Sydney is looking for motivated and productive post-doctoral researcher(s) to investigate the development and progression of chronic respiratory diseases such as COPD, asthma, lung cancer and infections using mitochondria, oxidative stress and immunometabolism studies of mouse and human tissues. The role will have a major emphasis on investigating novel therapeutic and preventative treatments for chronic lung disease. You will have the opportunity to further develop your personal scholarly standing through contribution to publications, presentations, and through collaborative research activity both internally and externally.
Essential to success in this role are your skills and experience in immunological, cellular and molecular techniques (preference is in the field of respiratory disease) and preferably in studies of mitochondria, oxidative stress and immunometabolism.
You will also have:
- A Doctoral Degree in respiratory, molecular, immunology, microbiology or cellular research (or near submission at Associate Level)
- Demonstrated skills in data visualization, computer programming and scripting, ideally in R or Python
- Experience in standard laboratory techniques including ELISA, PCR, immunoblot, flow cytometry, cell culture, aseptic technique, isolation, analysis and manipulation of mitochondria, extraction of genetic material
- Proven knowledge of research methodology, policy and requirements of health-related research
- Skills and experience with Electron microscopy is desirable.
For appointment at the higher level, you will have a research track record including leading and contributing to papers and grants, with emerging evidence of national recognition in your field of expertise.