Postdoctoral Fellowship in Microbiology: Netherlands
We offer a position in the fields of Biomolecular Sciences, in the area of Microbiology. The fellow will teach in the BSc Biology or the BSc Life, Science and Technology and will be embedded in the Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute.
- a PhD, obtained no longer than 3 years ago, preferably from another university than the University of Groningen
- a promising research record in (molecular) microbiology or a related field
- affinity with teaching; individuals with actual teaching experience will be favoured
- an excellent command of English
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The University of Groningen offers a starting salary depending on the date you obtained your PhD and your postdoctoral years. The UFO-profile Researcher/Lecturer (scale 10) applies. In addition to the primary salary the University offers 8% holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%:
- 0 years: € 3,255 gross per month for a full-time position
- 1 year: € 3,389 gross per month for a full-time position
- 2 years: € 3,514 gross per month for a full-time position
- 3 years: € 3,637 gross per month for a full-time position.
You will have an initial appointment of one year that will be extended by 3 years if you perform satisfactorily. The fellowship will not be extended after the four years period.
The University of Groningen provides career services for partners of new faculty members moving to Groningen.
The University of Groningen has adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
The preferred starting date is before 1 July 2019.