Postdoctoral Position in Soil Microbial Biogeography: Switzerland
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in the group of Prof. Antoine Guisan, at the Department of ecology and evolution, University of Lausanne, to work on a project at the interface between soil microbial biogeography, bioinformatics and spatial modelling in a temperate mountain area. Candidates are therefore expected to have extensive experience in some (and ideally all) of these fields, and have the willingness to conduct related scientific research. The project will be based on existing data already sampled in the Western Swiss Alps (rechalp.unil.ch) and already processed bioinfomatically. The project thus holds a strong analytical and spatial modelling dimension. Most of the postdoc’s time will be dedicated to research, but a contribution to teaching is expected, including the possibility of supervising master students.
The job description stipulates :
70% Personal research
25% Contribution to teaching activities
5% Maintenance of lab equipment or other institutional tasks
- PhD in Spatial Ecology / Biogeography / Macroecology or equivalent
- Good knowledge and understanding of metagenomics data and bioinformatics analyses
- Good skills in computer-based analyses, programming, GIS, statistics, spatial modelling, numerical simulations.
- Good theoretical knowledge and willingness to conduct research in spatial ecology / macroecology / biogeography at various scales.
- Understanding of field data (ideally in soil microbiology, but of other groups also of potential value) and having field experience (plot measurements) will be a plus.