Postdoctoral Research Associate in Water Quality and Health: Austria
Established in 2013, the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) offers a Postdoctoral Research Associate position (tenure track, 30 hrs) in the department “Water Quality and Health”
- Development and application of quantitative flow cytometric and microscopic methods in the diagnosis of health relevant microorganisms, pathogens and indicators in water
- Development and application of methods for the flow cytometric sorting of bacterial populations in water
- Development and application of methods for assessing the bio-stability of water
- Supervision of students and participation in teaching
- Collaboration in research projects and support in logistical activities
- Recruitment and implementation of own third-party-funded research projects
- Participation in the coordination of the working group and the Inter-University Cooperation Centre for Water and Health
- Diploma or master’s degree in microbiology, molecular biology, cell biology, microbial ecology or similar subjects
- PhD in natural sciences (microbiology and cell biology)
- Prerequisite: Expertise with flow cytometry and microbiological lab work (preferably scientific publications or doctoral thesis)
- Desired: cell sorting experience, molecular biological analysis, microbial ecology, water quality analysis, basics in bioinformatics and statistics
- Interest in scientific work and scientific publications
- willingness to cooperate in teaching and mentoring students
- Manual skill and joy in manual laboratory activities
- Reliable and independent working attitude
- Friendly, open appearance and team spirit
- You can expect a challenging job in an internationally and highly motivated team. The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is dedicated to achieving a balanced mix of male and female academic and non-academic staff. Consequently, applications from female candidates are particularly welcome.
- The minimum gross salary for this position is € 2.475,-. The position is a tenure-track position.
- Overpayment based on the internal salary structure and individual qualifications and experience is possible – increase of working hours is also possible by third-party funding.
Applications should include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and credentials and should be mailed by 30 May 2018 to Ms. Christina Schwaiger of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Share this opportunity