Postdoctoral Researcher in Bacterial Physiology: USA
The Achaogen, a late-stage biopharmaceutical company passionately committed to the discovery, development, and commercialization of innovative antibacterials is seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Fellow to join their Research Department and engage in novel research focused on the antibacterial resistance problem in Acinetobacter baumannii.
The proposed research project will involve the elucidation of antibacterial resistance mechanisms, determination of gene essentiality, and generation of the genetic tools to better evaluate A. baumannii.
- The Achaogen postdoctoral program is an immersive three-year opportunity designed to enable highly independent and motivated scientists to perform impactful basic or translational research in a biotech-industry setting.
- Fellows will be paired with an internal scientific mentor and integrate into in a highly interdisciplinary environment, surrounded by high-caliber researchers with diverse scientific backgrounds.
- The Achaogen empowers their postdocs to make influential discoveries that result in high-impact publications and contribute to the overall goal of developing new medicines to treat drug-resistant bacterial infections.
- Creative individual, careful experimentalist, and passionate scientist
- Driven individual with demonstrated track record of proactively seeking resources/advice, as needed, to advance research
- Strong ability to identify most efficient path to advancing projects
- Independently pursue important scientific questions using multi-disciplinary skills and experimental techniques
- Attend and present data at scientific research conferences
- Interpret and clearly communicate findings to a multi-disciplinary team of research biologists and chemists
- Strong background in experimental molecular biology, chemical biology, microbial physiology, or genetic engineering in model bacterial systems
- Demonstrated track record of innovation as evidenced by high-impact publications
- Able to manage multi-disciplinary tasks
- Willingness to learn new technical skills as required to address goals of research project
- Possesses exceptional ability to analyze and present applicable data
- Current US work authorization required
- Familiarity with microbial physiology, prokaryotic genetics, enzymology, or natural product biosynthesis
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Chemical Biology, Systems Biology or related field
Preferred Additional Skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent decision making and organization skills
- Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, scientific rigor and drive
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Share this opportunity