Principal Research Scientist in Immunology: Canada
The Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization (VIDO), Canada’s Centre for Pandemic Research, is a world leader in infectious disease research and vaccine development for humans and animals. Located at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada, VIDO is home to one of the largest and most advanced containment level 3 facilities in the world. To strengthen the preparedness for emerging infectious diseases we are currently expanding our infrastructure to include containment level 4 capacity, a GMP vaccine manufacturing facility, and a new animal housing facility. Our vision includes having the capacity to study any emerging disease in any animal model embracing a One Health approach to prevent emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases in humans and animals.
We are seeking a Principal Research Scientist in Immunology to join our team, reporting to the Director of Research.
The successful candidate will lead an independent, externally funded, and competitive research program that aligns with the goals of the organization and supports the development of knowledge, tools, or products to protect the world from infectious disease. The successful candidate will be expected to supervise trainees and technicians, and contribute to knowledge transfer, community, and stakeholder engagement.
- Applicants must have a PhD and/or DVM/MD with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and a proven record of research contribution in molecular or cellular immunology.
- Relevant research experience demonstrating advanced knowledge of immunological mechanisms and relevant peer-reviewed publications is essential.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining external research funding and in supervision of trainees is highly desirable.
- Effective organizational, time management skills, and prioritization skills as well as effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Applicants must have ability to work effectively as a team member.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their application including a cover letter, CV, and the names of three references online here. Review of applications will begin immediately; however, applications will be accepted and evaluated until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.