Professorship in Applied Microbiology: Germany
The Leibniz Institute DSMZ-German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures and the Faculty of Life Sciences of the Technische Universität Braunschweig offer a joint Professorship (W2) in the field of Applied Microbiology available for immediate placement.
The newly created professorship will be located at the Leibniz Institute DSMZ-German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures. This will be a dual appointment as Head of the Department in Bioresources for Bioeconomy and Health Research at DSMZ, as well as professor at TU Braunschweig.
The position is intended to complement DSMZ’s existing research focus on microbial genomics and novel bacterial metabolism and contribute to the development of systems biology in cooperation with partner institutions in the region such as TU Braunschweig and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research.
Research interests should focus on the discovery and production of novel natural compounds, the analysis of novel bacterial metabolic pathways and of products with application potential (degradation of xenobiotics, enzymes, detergents) and novel applications of bacteria such as fuel cells.
- Has a PhD and relevant research activity with outstanding academic achievement (habilitation or equivalent) are required in accordance with § 25 NHG.
- Is expected to participate in undergraduate and graduate instruction at TU Braunschweig
- Has a proven track record with respect to the isolation and cultivation of novel microorganisms
- Will be expected to establish an internationally competitive, externally-funded research group and will likewise contribute to strategic developments at both the Leibniz Institute DSMZ and TU Braunschweig
- Applications should include a CV, list of publications, teaching experience, list of third-party grants, (maximum) 5 representative publications, and a research concept (max. 2 pages).
- Applications should be addressed to:
Dean of the Faculty of Life Sciences
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Köster
Technische Universität Braunschweig
For information, please contact Prof. Dr. Jörg Overmann, Director of the Leibniz Institute DSMZ (tel: +49 531 2160-352, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).