Program Scientist/Team Leader - plant cell biology: Netherlands
KeyGene is looking for an entrepreneurial Program Scientist/Team Leader Plant Cell Innovations to boost their innovations in the field of plant cell and tissue innovations.
KeyGene has built a unique and strong global position in molecular plant breeding technologies. As a Program Scientist/Team leader you are an innovative leader who is eager to strengthen and expand KeyGene’s global position in the future.
As a program scientist you are responsible for the initiation, acquisition and execution of strategic innovation and R&D programs in the field of genome editing and cell & tissue technologies in plants. The R&D portfolio involves programs aimed at developing novel technologies and applications, including novel IP, and commercial application of the technology. One important aspect of the R&D focus is aimed at overcoming recalcitrance in the regeneration of crop plant species. Through intensive interactions with breeding companies and research partners, you will define short and long term research goals and ensure timely delivery. This involves collaborative engagement with other R&D teams in KeyGene, as well as with external and international collaboration partners and customers. As a team leader you are leading a research team of 8-12 scientists, post-docs and technicians and you will coach and inspire your team members in their individual development. You will be reporting to the Vice-President Technology Development and be part of the management team of the Technology Development unit.
Although the position is in a crop innovation company, also innovative team leaders from outside plant breeding, who have a strong affinity to genome editing and cell biology technology development, are invited to respond.
- PhD in the field of (plant) molecular genetics, molecular cell biology or biotechnology
- Internationally recognized scientific leader with a global network
- Thorough experience in the field of genome editing and plant cell biology
- Strong and inspiring vision on molecular breeding opportunities and ability to translate them into cutting-edge R&D programs
- Innovative, ambitious and enthusiastic research leader boosting innovations in genome editing and cell & tissue technologies in plants
- Entrepreneurial and customer-oriented
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent in English
Your track record
- Excellent track record of delivering R&D innovations, demonstrable by >10 high-impact scientific publications and patent applications.
- Proven track record of working experience in the field of genetic engineering or genome editing
- Experience with intellectual property (IP) protection of inventions
KeyGene offers a dynamic job with a competitive salary and benefits in a vibrant, highly innovative and ambitious research company. You will contribute to our internationally recognized position in Agro-biotech innovation and report to the VP Technology Development. The position is based at KeyGene’s headquarters in Wageningen (The Netherlands), a worldwide renowned centre of agricultural research.
Additional information can be obtained from Nathalie van Orsouw, telephone +31 317 466866, email email@example.com. If you are interested in this position you can send your letter of application and resume to: Keygene N.V. Attn. Ms. A. Philipsen, VP HR & CA, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the vacancy number 19.008 in your application.