Research Associate/ Assistant Professor in the field Biology (Biochemistry / Molecular or Cell Biology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Imunology): Slovenia
University of Nova Gorica, Laboratory for Environmental and Life Sciences opens a research associate/assistant professor in the field of Biology (Biochemistry / Molecular or Cell Biology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Imunology) job vacancy.
Candidates are expected to:
- have PhD in the field of Biology (Biochemistry / Molecular or Cell Biology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Imunology),
- preferentially have a research experience abroad (1 year or longer),
- theoretical background and work experience should cover the fields of molecular and cell biology as well as protein biotechnology and biochemistry and shall be reflected in candidate’s
- bibliography with adequate number of original scientific papers in international journals,
- master the standard procedures of cloning, mutagenesis, protein purification, characterization (ELISA, IP, WB) and labeling, mammalian cell culture, light microscopy and flow cytometry,
- previous experiences with extra-cellular vesicles and expertise in biophysical techniques used for characterizing macromolecule structure and interactions will be considered as a plus during the selection procedure,
- good command in English language.
The successful candidate will also have responsibilities in teaching practical courses in the fields of Biology and/or Biochemistry within study programs at the University of Nova Gorica.
The position will be available as soon as the selection will be completed and no later than January 1, 2019, with appointment for 18 months and with possibility of extention of the contract or appointment to a permanent position.
Applications and further information:
Tea Stibilj Nemec
phone: +386 5 620 58 22