Research Associate - bioengineering: USA
The laboratory of Dr. Michaela TerAvest is seeking a research associate (postdoctoral researcher) for a fully-funded 2-4 year project. This project will develop a technology for simultaneous electricity storage, carbon fixation and bioproduct generation. The goal of the project is to engineer a microbial electrosynthesis system in Shewanella oneidensis. Engineered strains will be characterized by electrochemical techniques, Western blot, transcriptomic techniques and HPLC and GC analysis of products. The candidate will have an opportunity to develop independent projects and to mentor graduate and undergraduate students. The candidate will also receive professional development training through MSU postdoctoral association. And, travel funding will be provided for at least one conference per year.
- Doctorate – microbiology, biochemistry, bioengineering
- A doctorate degree in microbiology, biochemistry, bioengineering
- Experience with cloning and expression of heterologous genes in bacteria
- Experience with operating bioelectrochemical systems, HPLC, GC, Genomic integration of heterologous genes in bacteria, reproducible data analysis in R or similar platform.
- Completed undergraduate or graduate courses in thermodynamics, biotechnology, statistics