Research Associate / Postdoc in Microbiology: Germany
TU Dresden, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Department of Hydro Sciences, the Institute of Hydrobiology offers a position as a Research Associate / Postdoc in Microbiology related to the evolution of antibiotic resistance and microbial biofilm dynamics in the environment. The position is to start at the earliest possible date and is initially limited until 31.07.2019. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG). The position is embedded in the framework of a DFG/BMBF project together with the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research at the Center for Advances Water Research (CAWR). Due to joint project management, a position lasting for 18 months will follow at CAWR. The candidate selection process will be carried out together with CAWR for the total duration. It is therefore not necessary to re-apply. The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification.
The project is centered on the question of the evolution of antibiotic resistance in the environment and on predator-prey dynamics in an experimental biofilm system. Models and experiments will identify the main processes influencing the dynamics of biofilm formation.
- university degree and PhD in biology, hydrology, medicine or similar fields
- well-acquainted with molecular and microbiological techniques, in particular with real-time PCR, digital PCR, plasmid analysis and genetic modifications of microorganisms, as well as with the cultivation of microbes on a laboratory scale; strong publication record
- motivation to perform independent research and the willingness to coordinate the scientific efforts within the project with little external supervision
- ability to think innovatively and to work as an active member of a team
- very good command of German and English for publishing high-quality research
- Familiarity with modelling approaches capabilities would be a great plus
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
The application documents should include a short motivation letter with your potential starting date and your CV with the full list of publications. These are to be submitted by *02.10.2018* (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) to: *TU Dresden, Fakultät Umweltwissenschaften, Fachrichtung Hydrowissenschaften, Institut für Hydrobiologie, Herrn Prof. Thomas Berendonk, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden* or via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.