Research Associate / Postdoc in Microbiology: Germany
The project is centered on the question of the evolution of antibiotic resistance in the environment and on predator-prey dynamics in an experimental biofilm system. Models and experiments will identify the main processes influencing the dynamics of biofilm formation.
- university degree and PhD in biology, hydrology, medicine or similar fields
- well-acquainted with molecular and microbiological techniques, in particular with real-time PCR, digital PCR, plasmid analysis and genetic modifications of microorganisms, as well as with the cultivation of microbes on a laboratory scale
- strong publication record
- motivation to perform independent research and the willingness to coordinate the scientific efforts within the project with little external supervision
- ability to think innovatively and to work as an active member of a team
- very good command of German and English for publishing high-quality research
Familiarity with modelling approaches capabilities would be a great plus.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
The application documents should include a short motivation letter with your potential starting date and your CV with the full list of publications. These are to be submitted by 26.06.2018 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) to:
TU Dresden, Fakultät Umweltwissenschaften, Fachrichtung Hydrowissenschaften, Institut für Hydrobiologie, Herrn Prof. Thomas Berendonk, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden or via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to email@example.com.