Research Fellow in Microbiology: UK
University of Aberdeen , School of medicine, medical sciences and nutrition is searching an excellent and highly motivated post-doctoral fellow, with previous experience in mammalian cell biology, biochemistry, genomics/transcriptomics. Experience with pathogens is strongly preferred. The successful applicant will join the Bacterial Pathogenesis Laboratory of Professor Stefania Spanò (https://www.abdn.ac.uk/staffnet/profiles/stefania.spano), a vibrant research group exploring mechanisms of Host-Pathogen Interactions using cutting-edge technologies. We are an international and interactive group, and part of an outstanding network of international scientists.
- PhD in Cell Biology, Microbiology or related disciplines
- experience in research-intensive containment level 2 laboratory
- subcellular fractionation
- mammalian cell cultures
- deep sequencing, transcriptomics and genomics#
- molecular and structural biology
- fluorescence/confocal microscopy
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- excellent computer skills
- ability to work to deadlines
- PhD in microbiology, cell biology or related disciplines
- work in containment level 2 laboratory;
- mammalian cell cultures;
- molecular biology and cloning.
As this post is funded by ERC it will be offered for a period of 46 months from November 2018. Salary will be at the appropriate point on the Grade 6 salary scale (£33,199-£39,610 per annum) with placement according to qualifications and experience.
Should you require a visa to undertake paid employment in the UK you will be required to fulfil the minimum points criteria to be granted a Certificate of Sponsorship and Tier 2 visa. As appropriate, at the time an offer of appointment is made you will be asked to demonstrate that you fulfil the criteria in respect of financial maintenance and competency in English. Please do not hesitate to contact Natalie Reid, HR Adviser (e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org), for further information on this.
Informal enquiries to Professor Stefania Spanò (email@example.com)