Research Scientist - Microbiology: UK
Givaudan has an open position of a Research Scientist – Microbiology. As a Research Scientist at Givaudan, you will provide microbiological science expertise to help deliver on the Malodour Research program. If you are a self starter with a real passion for driving research in a commercial environment then this is the role for you. You will have the skills necessary to run the microbiology laboratory, including the supervision of staff, whilst identifying external partners and driving research projects in the fields of biochemistry & metagenomics. You will join the team and department at an exciting time of change, so need to be ready to flex to the demands of the role.
You will be expected to
- Maintain a safe & efficient microbiology laboratory You will be developing / using laboratory methods to recreate real-life malodours for assessment, modelling or analysis.
- Work with internal & external experts You will drive innovation in new fields.
- Support the development of fragrance or oral care technologies You will support client briefs and working on different projects to combat malodour.
Are you someone who is highly organised with the ability to motivate people? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and learn together with teams who are as passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes
- PhD in biochemistry or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in a microbiology laboratory environment
- Knowledge / experience in the fields of biochemistry and/or metagenomics
- Ideally, supervisory experience –
- IT literate and good project management skills
Your future employer?
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The Company achieved sales of CHF 5.1 billion in 2017. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in over 100 locations, the company has more than 11,100 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com.