Researcher antimicrobial resistance: Netherlands
The antimicrobial resistance (AMR) problem is a national and international topic of great concern in both veterinary and human medicine. An important issue is the the occurrence of AMR of public health concern, like MRSA, ESBLs and CPE, in livestock and food thereof and the relationship with antibiotic use in these animals. Gaining detailed insight in these resistance problems and understanding the molecular characteristics and epidemiology of AMR contribute to solutions. This demands high quality research conducted in collaboration with stakeholders.
Within the AMR research group Wageningen University & Research is looking for an ambitious, result-oriented and energetic colleague to support ongoing activities and initiate new research on AMR.
As a researcher antimicrobial resistance you will be responsible for:
- molecular analysis and data analysis of AMR on isolates from diverse projects
- presenting the results of research projects at relevant scientific meetings and in scientific publications
- project leadership, including coordination for running or newly acquired research projects
- planning and aquisition of innovative project ideas in the field of AMR
- initiating and maintaining collaborations with scientific groups inside and outside WBVR, at national and international level
- a completed PhD (or a thesis submitted to the assessment committee) in life sciences, animal sciences or veterinary medicine
- expertise in molecular microbiology, preferably experience in research on AMR
- experience with publishing and presentation of results
- positive ambition, social and communication skills and vision on AMR research
- good Dutch and English-language communication skills are essential. Candidates that do not speak Dutch should be willing to learn the Dutch language
- an inspiring work environment within one of the leading research groups in Europe on AMR, with room for training and development
- a full time position (36 hours per week)
The position is aimed to be tenured but will start with a temporary employment contract for a period of which the lenght depends on the candidate’s expertise and performance.
Salary: depending on experience and knowledge. As an indication maximum scale 11 cao Wageningen Research (max € 4847,- per month for full-time employment).
Work location: Houtribweg 39, 8221 RA, Lelystad.
WBVR has modern employment conditons with 23 days of leave, with the possibility to build up another 25 (compensation) days when you choose to work 40 hours a week
You will be asked for a Certificate of Conduct and an assessement can be part of the selection proces.
You can apply until October 24th. Please do not e-mail directly to the persons mentioned above, but use the website of Wageningen University & Research: www.wur.nl/nl/Werken-bij/Vacatures.htm