Scientific Assistant in Microbiology: Germany
The Division of Microbiology at the Biology Department, University Osnabrück, opens a position for a Scientific Assistant (m/f/d), Pay grade E13 TV-L, 100 %, for a fixed term of 5 years, to start at earliest convenience.
- Developing and leading research projects in the field of cellular microbiology, molecular microbiology or infection biology
- Contribution to teaching of the Division Microbiology with 4 SWS
- Active role in acquisition and execution of third-party funded projects
- Support of the infrastructure of the Division of Microbiology
- Own further scientific qualification (e.g. habilitation)
Requirements for employment:
- Completed scientific university studies in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related fields
- PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related fields
Ideally you have:
- Scientific competence in the field of microbiology, documented by publications
- Successful acquisition and implementation of third-party funded projects
- Enthusiasm in teaching microbiology
- Working experience with modern analytical methods, such as proteomics, deep sequencing, ultrastructural analysis, live cell imaging
- Very good academic qualifications
- Good English communication
We offer you:
- Options to develop independent research lines
- Participation in coordinated research networks (SFB, graduate schools)
- State-of-the-art equipment infrastructure (CellNanOs) in a cooperative working environment
- Opportunity for further scientific qualification (e.g. habilitation)
Part-time employment is possibility.
As a family-friendly university, the University of Osnabrück is committed to the compatibility of work/study and family.
The University of Osnabrück particularly wants to promote the professional equality of women and men. Therefore, it strives to increase the proportion of the gender that is underrepresented in the respective area.
Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified.
Please send your application with the usual documents and two reference addresses to the Dean of the School of Biology/Chemistry of the University Osnabrück, E-Mail: email@example.com, with reference ‘MWM’.
For further information on this vacancy, please contact Prof. Dr. Michael Hensel at +49 541 969 3940, Michael.Hensel@uni-osnabrueck.de
We look forward to receiving your application
There was no deadline associated with this post so if you are interested please submit your application asap.