Scientist for Single Cell Expertise Center, Belgium
VIB-KU Leuven is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Scientist for its new Single Cell Core Facility.
The candidate will be involved in:
- Running and coordinating single-cell sequencing experiments
- Setting up, optimizing, and maintaining multiple single-cell technologies, with a strong focus on single-cell RNA and other DNA-based technologies
- Setting up new methods to also gather the spatial information of the single-cells profiled by these technologies
- Communicating with PhD students and postdocs from multiple research groups, working mostly on cancer-related single-cell studies. The experiments will start with sample dissociation (e.g., FACS sorting), followed by single-cell assays, up to the next-generation sequencing of the single-cell libraries.
- You have obtained a Masters degree in biomedical sciences, bioengineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent by experience
- Experience with next-generation sequencing and single-cell sequencing is not required, but considered a plus
- You have good communication skills and can work easily together with other (international) team members
- You have a passion and motivation to work on innovative and ambitious projects in an open, dynamic and skilled research team
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- A fascinating work environment in which quality, professionalism and social contact are encouraged
- The possibility to be at the start of a scientifically cutting-edge and society relevant project
- The opportunity to contribute to the biological validation of your own research findings.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
For more information: please contact Diether Lambrechts. Top-ranked candidates will be invited for an interview at the VIB in Leuven.