Senior scientist - Food Safety: Netherlands
RIKILT Wageningen University & Research is looking for an all-round senior scientist regarding food and feed safety:
- Safety aspects of chemical contaminants, such asnew ingredients and technologies in food production
- New developments and strategic project acquisition
In this position you will use your broad scientific background in the area of food safety research and management, and your excellent networking skills to initiate strategic project acquisition, manage multidisciplinary projects, and participate in public private partnerships.
You will work in a variety of collaborative research projects and will be expected to write scientific papers and reports. Furthermore, you will interact with stakeholders to acquire new research projects, write research proposal and manage new projects.
- PhD in food safety, chemistry, toxicology, or microbiology, or equivalent experience
- An expert with a result-oriented and entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills and a high energy level
- Well-developed organisational awareness and excellent communication skills to listen and interpret the needs of the contact and/or sell our ideas both internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify crucial issues and translate this into recommendations for the client and/or further research
- Networking, writing and acquisition skills, with a proven track record
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and at least basic in Dutch.
An interesting and dynamic fulltime (36 hours a week) position as a senior scientist and business developer, covering a broad range of food safety topics, within a team of enthusiastic and involved colleagues. We offer a position for one or two years and possibilities for extension and/or permanent position based on demonstrated performance. We offer a salary based on position and experience, max. € 5509,-gross per month (scale 12) in combination with excellent secondary employment conditions. Depending on your skills and output growth to scale 13 is possible.
For more information about this position, please contact dr. ir. Ine van der Fels (Group leader Agrochains), phone +31 (0)317-481963 Ine.email@example.com) or dr. ir. Lonneke van der Geest (BU manager Toxicology, Novel Foods and Agrochains), phone +31 (0)317- 480462, Lonneke.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Send your application through the webpage: https://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm before August 28, 2018.
For more information about this position, please contact dr. ir. Ine van der Fels (Group leader Agrochains), phone +31 (0)317-481963Ine.email@example.com) or dr. ir. Lonneke van der Geest (BU manager Toxicology, Novel Foods and Agrochains), phone +31 (0)317- 480462, Lonneke.firstname.lastname@example.org).