Specialist Physician in Microbiology: Germany
The Institute of International Health at Charité is the largest tropical medicine facility in Germany. We deal with the diagnosis and treatment of tropical diseases, travel medicine vaccinations as well as research and teaching in tropical medicine and global health. The institute laboratory (8 MTLAs) examines ≥50,000 samples per year (parasitology, serology, molecular biology) from the tropical medicine outpatient clinic (>12,000 patient contacts/year; 10 physicians, 3 assistants).
We offer a collegial team, a very good working atmosphere and varied work without night shifts (core hours: weekdays 8:00-16:00). Scientific work is desired. We are looking for a committed medical microbiologist as laboratory manager with optional shares in outpatient clinic and/or research. A senior physician classification according to personal qualification is possible.
We offer a full-time position (part-time possible) with shares according to individual requirements and interests. In addition to laboratory management (50%), the position holder will be involved in research and/or outpatient care (tropical medicine) in variable proportions.
Management of the institute laboratory:
- Content and organizational support of diagnostics with a focus on parasitological direct detection
- Validation of findings (laboratory information system)
- Participation in round robin tests, supervision of quality management
- Further development of the diagnostic spectrum including molecular biology
- Collaboration in tropical medicine outpatient clinic: care of sick travel returnees and migrants
- Collaboration in research: own projects or collaboration in ongoing projects in Berlin and Africa (including surveillance formats, AMR, PVL, malaria, vaccinations
- Possibility of habilitation
- Collaboration in teaching (e.g. MSc International Health, internship in tropical medicine)
We are then looking for
- A license to practice medicine must be available
- Specialist in microbiology, virology and infection epidemiology
- Experience in parasitological microscopy desirable
- Very good knowledge of German
- good knowledge of English
- Management experience is desirable