Technical Support Scientist: UK
Promega Corporation is a leader in providing high-quality tools life scientists use to seek answers. Promega Corporation’s 3,000 products include specific combinations of chemistries that allow customers to carry out laboratory tests in the fields of cell biology; DNA, RNA, and protein analysis; drug development; human identification; and molecular diagnostics. Our Instrumentation allows customers to automate their various research and lab procedures, increasing efficiency and precision. Founded in 1978, Promega Corporation is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and has annual sales exceeding $450 million. For more information about Promega, visit www.promega.com
Position available: Technical Support Scientist
Reports to: Technical Services Manager
Promega UK sells and supports molecular and cell biology reagents and integrated systems for applications from life science research through to drug discovery. We are currently looking for an individual who would like to develop a career in technical support. Responsibilities will include providing expert advice and troubleshooting for customers in UK, Benelux, Ireland, Nordic region and South Africa via telephone, email and live chat, as well as offering instrument servicing, maintenance or repair for UK based customers.
- A professional technical support role providing expert advice across all the specified regions served by Promega UK
- Instrument demos, workshops, and wet lab demos for customers
- Repair and maintenance of Instrumentation
- On call for urgent instrument repairs or triaging (premier warranties) during holiday shut down periods
(essentially days between Christmas and New Year public holidays)
- We also provide comprehensive Technical training for all new scientific staff (UK KAM) distributors
- Occasional presentation of Technical Talks at customer venues
- Work closely with Strategic Marketing team to provide project based technical support and guidance.
- PhD in Life Sciences – Molecular or Cell Biology preferred
- A minimum of 3yrs laboratory research experience
- Hands on experience of instrumentation (e.g. Liquid Handling platforms, Nucleic Acid Purification Instrumentation)
– usage and basic maintenance
- Experience of capillary electrophoresis platforms and/or Next Generation Sequencing would be valuable
- Candidate should be self-motivated, determined, and personable
- Highly organised and skilled at managing time effectively.
- Capable of learning and communicating details of highly innovative products to customers
- Able to listen and respond to customer needs
- Well organised, structured, and able to deliver under pressure
- Ability to use a range of PC-based applications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to empathise and relate to people well.
- You must be customer and results oriented, be able to think laterally and use your own initiative
- You need to be flexible and able to adapt to new challenges
- Strong practical sense combined with a positive attitude is key to successful performance but you must also have
the ability to work as part of a team.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary in line with qualifications and experience
- Annual bonus linked with business performance
- Pension – non-contributory – the company makes a contribution of 10% base salary
- Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance and Permanent Health Insurance.
Promega Corporation core values include integrity and respect, open information, flexibility in the work place and balance between work and life. To reflect this, we are looking for open and positive people. If you believe that you can contribute significantly to Promega and strengthen our values and our commitment to the advancement of science, plus you want to be part of a challenging and dynamic sales and marketing team, please send your CV and covering letter today, along with current salary details. Promega believes in equal opportunities.
How To Apply
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to: