Calling all Early Career Researchers in the microbial sciences! If you submit your abstract to World Microbe Forum in the second round that is open until May 7, 2021, 6 p.m. ET/12 a.m. CET to one of the 7 FEMS topics, you can still apply for a Congress Attendance Grant!
To qualify for consideration, the applicant must be:
- be an early career scientist and thus should either have obtained highest academic degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD) less than five years prior the application deadline, or be a PhD student*
- be an active microbiologist
- be the first author of an accepted abstract in one of the FEMS topics
- attend the World Microbe Forum and be a registered participant
*periods of maternity/paternity leave, special leave or illness do not count toward this definition
While submitting your abstract for the World Microbe Forum, you will also have the option to select what awards or grants you’d like to apply for, and will be able to upload any supporting documents. For the second round of abstract submission, FEMS offers Congress Attendance Grants to help offset the costs of attending and presenting at the World Microbe Forum.
The following documents will need to be uploaded with the application via :
- CV including list of publications
- signed endorsement form (download the endorsement form)
- complimentary meeting registration
- 7 May 2021, 6:00 p.m. EST/12:00 a.m. CET
Please Note: Award dispositions for the first submission round were sent on April 14. If there are any questions, please email the Programming team at email@example.com.