FEMS and your Society
As a FEMS Delegate, you represent your Society within FEMS as well as FEMS within your Society. Your Society’s members can receive benefits from FEMS on top of the benefits the Society offers. This page supplies you with information that will help bring these benefits under the attention of your Society’s members.
Your Society on the FEMS website
We profile your Society on our membership pages, according to the membership information we annually receive from our Member Societies.
Presenting FEMS to your Society
- The FEMS Affiliates Letter informs its subscribers on news related to FEMS, FEMS Member Societies and microbiology, and all FEMS grants deadlines. As your members do not automatically receive the FEMS Affiliates Letter, only if they register on our website, it would be much appreciated if you would encourage members to register.
- We would appreciate it if you could share our monthly newsletter ‘FEMS News’ with your Society’s members, so they are aware of the opportunities they receive as member of a FEMS Member Society.
- On a regular basis, we will send you requests and offers, that we kindly ask you to discuss in your Society, such as special offers for Member Societies during our Congress, initiatives you can participate in or other services for members.
- If you have applied for and received a positive decision on your application for a Meeting Organizer Grant, the documents and requirements as well as some tips here will help you get the most out of your Grant.
- You can find the downloads at the bottom of this page. Please share our presentation with your Society’s members and post our logo on your Society’s website.
- To introduce FEMS to (potential new) members, feel free to use the below text in your Society’s communications:
[your Society’s name] is a full member of the Federation of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS). As a member of [your Society’s name], you receive the benefits of [your Society’s name] membership and from FEMS:
- access to Member-only grants
- free promotion of your Society news
- tailored support for Member projects
- discounts off FEMS Congress registration fees
- Oxford University Press is pleased to offer members of the Federation of European Microbiological Societies a 25% discount on a range of Academic and Higher Education Science titles
- Member rate for Open Access Charges – authors who are a member of one of the Societies can get a discount when publishing an Open Access article in the FEMS journals by simply indicating their Society membership in the cover letter accompanying the submission.
FEMS Microbes is excited to present its latest thematic issue, focusing on bacterial-viral co-infections. Host and microbial factors are critically important for influencing the severity and outcome of infection. Interactions between microbes is an understudied yet important aspect to this process.