Science Communication Award
We recognize Europe-based microbiologists at any stage of their career that apply science communications and public relations to contribute significantly to the public discourse about science and evidence.
The Prize consists of:
- FEMS will promote the communication activity (e.g. webinar or campaign) to its community in an appropriate way, e.g. via FEMS channels
- A plaque
€ 1,000 prize money towards campaigning
- The deadline for nomination is 1 May in uneven years.
- Following selection by the FEMS Awards Board and approval by the FEMS Directors, FEMS will contact all applicants before 1 June in the year of the application.
Who is eligible?
- persons or groups active in any field of microbiology and science communication related to microbiology
- persons or group promoting public understanding of microbiology topics by Europe-based microbiologists at any stage of their career
- member of a FEMS Member Society
The Award will be announced at the upcoming FEMS Congress.
FEMS Microbiology Reviews presents a Thematic Issue on Microscopy Revolution. This Thematic Issue explores how advances in imaging techniques are helping to further our understand the microbial world around us. The articles in this collection cover a range of topics including RNA imaging in bacteria, bacterial translesion synthesis, stress responses, and super-resolution imaging of pathogens.