Science Communication Award
We recognize Europe-based microbiologists at any stage of their career that apply science communications and public relations to contribute significantly to the public discourse about science and evidence.
The Prize consists of:
- FEMS will promote the communication activity (e.g. webinar or campaign) to its community in an appropriate way, e.g. via FEMS channels
- A plaque
- € 1,000 prize money towards campaigning
Who is eligible?
- persons or groups active in any field of microbiology and science communication related to microbiology
- persons or group promoting public understanding of microbiology topics by Europe-based microbiologists at any stage of their career
- member of a FEMS Member Society
The Award will be announced at the upcoming FEMS Congress.
Yeast genome sequencing is a fast-moving field of yeast research and is yielding significant results. This Thematic Issue from FEMS Yeast Research highlights the current advances being made in genome analysis and represents the progress that has been achieved over the last 25 years. Papers in this issue cover topics including fungal hybridization, RNA-seq data analysis, mass spectrometry, beer brewing, and the natural history of the Saccharomyces genus.