CONGRESS AND EVENTS
In 2003 we launched our popular biennial congress, which now attracts up to 2,700 participants from around 90 countries across the world.
Our focus is on promoting scientific excellence, facilitating diversity and participation in science and channelling outstanding science to have maximum impact on the ground. This involves developing relationships across all disciplines relating to microbiology and across all sectors – academic, policy, business, educational, communications and recreational – and helping to put the right people “in the same room”.
We do this through our business development work, and building and strengthening our network of members, editors, and grantees, but with face-to-face interaction still critical to build the right collaborations. Our Congress and FEMS-sponsored meetings are a key element of our network-building activities.
Our vision is to:
- preserve scientific excellence and trust
- diversify, improve and extend networking opportunities
- provide a platform for established researchers, students and other parties to discuss and exchange knowledge
- improve links with professional development
- improve the offer for sponsors and exhibitors
- combine the transdisciplinary advantages of a large congress with the disciplinary detail and networking atmosphere of a small specialist conference
- improve opportunities and benefits for our Member Societies
The next FEMS Congress
The 9th Congress of European Microbiologists (FEMS 2021) is one of the leading meetings of its kind and will connect thousands of microbiologists from around the world.
FEMS 2021 will be held 11-15 July in Hamburg, Germany.
Sponsoring and exhibition
Deciding and embarking on a career, working towards and taking the next professional step, hunting THAT job has high stakes and can be daunting. One could think that it has become less daunting given the days when jobs were for life are gone. However, the job hunt often takes place at generally stressful times: we may be working towards a qualification/that paper that needs adding to the CV, or time for hunting must be found on top of a demanding job.